Book Your New Forest Escape Today
Simply browse the calendars below to easily view availability and find your preferred dates.
Then select those dates in the pink box below to view prices and book.
Butler's Rest Cottage
The Goat Shed
To check current prices and to book,
please select your dates below:
Please remember that a 3 night minimum stay is required for most dates, but there may be the occasional 2 night breaks available where they slot between other bookings. Please see the availability calendars above, or ask for more information.
Terms & Conditions
1. Check in Between 17:00* and midnight - Check out by 10:00 am. An earlier check in of 3pm may be available. Please ask.
2. All guests must be 18 or over, no children are allowed.
3. Pets are not allowed.
4. Smoking is allowed in some of the open air areas only.
5. Parking is available for guests in our gated courtyard and it is free of charge. We allocate one space per property - please advise us prior to arrival if you will have more than one vehicle.
6. Central heating, lighting, WiFi etc is included in the cost.
7. Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels if required.
8. Our properties are thoroughly cleaned and carefully checked after each visit. We do expect that guests will leave the properties clean, tidy and in good order.
9. Please inform us of any breakages, damages or any other problem as soon as it occurs.
10. All breakages and damages must either be replaced of paid for at the end of the stay.
11. Each property will comfortably sleep two adults. No extra guests are permitted in the property at any time.
12. The accommodation is only for the use of the persons shown on the booking form. No letting or subletting is allowed.
13. The owners reserve the right to access the properties at any reasonable time during the stay.
14. The owners will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any luggage, property, bicycle, vehicle or its contents.
15. Pedal bikes (when available) are provided for guests use at no charge. Please bring your own helmet if required. The owners will not accept responsibility for any accident or injury sustained whilst using the bikes.
16. Our properties are period properties with their own quirks and original features such as restricted head heights, narrow or steep steps, and uneven surfaces. We have tried to make these features known where possible. The owners will not accept responsibility for any accident or injury sustained whilst on the premises.
17. Electric vehicles may not be charged using the mains supply.
A non refundable deposit of 50% of the stay is required. Full booking balance must be paid 42 days before arrival. Payments can be made by card via our online booking system.
Additional Check in Notes
We hope to be home to welcome you, however if that is not possible we shall leave the key in a lock box the code to which will be sent to you on the day of arrival.
If a booking is cancelled less than 42 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
If the booking is cancelled 42 days or more before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
Terms & Conditions relating to the current coronavirus pandemic
- We shall honour a no quibble refund policy if your booking has to be cancelled due to a change in government restrictions relating to the coronavirus pandemic which prevents your stay. We will also be happy to move your booking to an alternative date if preferred. This does not replace insurance to cover ill health, which we would strongly reccommend.
- Check in time has been extended to 5pm*, this is necessary in order for us to air and thoroughly clean the property as per government guidelines. An earlier check in of 3pm may be available - please ask.
- On arrival you will find your property has been cleaned following all Government cleaning recommendations for Covid 19.
- We use specialist commercial cleaning and sanitising products that are certified BS EN 1276 as recommended by PASC and government bodies.
- Our enhanced cleaning protocol includes a cleaning plan and checklist that is completed for every clean. Guests' are welcome to view a copy if desired.
- Some non-essential or decorative items have been removed in order to reduce the risk of contamination, as per PASC guidelines.
- The mattress, pillows and duvet will be sanitised, between every guest.
- Each guest will be asked to remove their bedding, and to place their bedding and towels in water soluble laundry bags which we shall supply.
- In the unlikely event that there is a maintenance issue in your property, we will not be able to access it to carry out any repairs. if the fault is deemed unsafe, we will ask that guests either move to alternative accommodation (if available), or return home.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party follow the safe distancing measures in accordance with current guidance, with all other persons encountered at Flaxfield House.
- On departure, we ask guests to leave the key in the door, or in the lock box if we are not home.
- If you or any of your household have Coronavirus symptoms please DO NOT TRAVEL TO US. We will be unable to acommodate you in these circumstances.
- If you or any of your party develop symptoms whilst here, please inform us, and then travel home immediately. We will not be able to accommodate you for the 14 day quarantine period.
We hope that these additional terms and conditions will provide you with a clearer understanding of the measures we are undertaking in order to keep you safe and will give you piece of mind and enable you to have a worry free break. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.