About Butler's Rest Cottage
This quirky and historic cottage has been welcoming guests for over 20 years, and is stuffed full of character and original features. It has recently been stylishly refurbished to create a unique space full of home comforts.
• Fully equipped kitchen, with toaster, kettle, electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge freezer and dishwasher.
• Period features including vaulted ceilings, bread oven, stained glass window and original cobbled kitchen floor.
• Roll top bath on mezzanine level overlooking the kitchen, a true touch of luxury!
• TV with freeview, DVD player, Roberts DAB radio and a selection of board games, books and DVDs.
• Wood burning stove, stocked ready for your first fire (additional fuel available if required).
• Original wooden staircase leading to large mezzanine bedroom with its truly comfortable double bed made with fresh white sheets.
• A seperate WC and shower are located on the ground floor.
• Mountain bikes are available for guests use (please bring your own helmets if required).
Outside, guests will have use of a cobbled, patio area with seating and BBQ, as well as the large lawned front gardens (extending to 1 acre) with further seating and BBQ, areas and views over neighbouring farmland, offering a high degree of seclusion and privacy.
Butler's Rest Cottage comfortably sleeps two adults.
Why Stay With Us
• Secluded escape exclusively for adults.
• Just three dwellings (a maximum of 6 adults), oozing individual character and style.
• Tranquil New Forest setting, yet just a short walk from two lovely pubs, a Michelin rated restaurant and a quaint tea room.
• Perfect spot for exploring the New Forest.
• Walk directly into the New Forest from our walled garden.
• Free from noisy groups of adults and children.
• No pets are permitted.
• Take it from our guests who return year after year!
Please remember that a 3 night minimum stay is required for most dates, but there may be the occassional 2 night breaks available where they slot between other bookings. Please see the full availability calendars here, or ask for more information.